Legacy Mobile Station Domain (LMSD) - Step 1
|Publication Date:||1 January 2003|
This standard specifies the necessary interfaces to support the bearer traffic between Media Gateways in the initial step of the Legacy Mobile Station Domain (LMSD). The requirements for this work are defined in , and the overall architecture model is defined in .
This standard defines bearer support of G.711 PCM encoded voice over IP as defined in RFC 1890 at a minimum, for use between media gateways in a cdma2000 Legacy Mobile Station Domain. This standard utilizes existing IETF and 3GPP2 protocols when applicable to minimize the new work needed. The necessary signaling needed to setup the bearer paths is defined in .
For the initial release of this standard, the following basic capabilities defined in  are supported. Enhanced capabilities may be defined in future versions of this standard:
• The yy interface spans across a managed IP network.
• The QoS mechanism for the yy interface is not defined in this version of the standard.
• All Security issues between Media Gateways are not defined in this version of the standard.
• TrFO support over the yy interface is not defined in this version of the standard.
• Handoffs between LMSD networks are not supported over the yy interface. Handoffs must be supported using existing TIA/EIA-41 signaling and Inter MSC Trunks.