CEN - EN 10253-1
Butt-Welding Pipe Fittings - Part 1: Wrought Carbon Steel for General Use and Without Specific Inspection Requirements
|Publication Date:||1 September 1999|
|ICS Code (Fluid systems and components for general use):||23|
This European Standard specifies requirements for steel butt-welding fittings (elbows and return bends, concentric and eccentric reducers, equal and reducing tees, dished ends and caps) made of wrought carbon steel and delivered without specific inspection.
The fittings described in this European Standard do not fulfil specific design requirements ; consequently they cannot be considered as conforming to the Essential Requirements of the Pressure Equipment Directive (Directive 97/23/EC of 29.05.1997).
It specifies :
- the steel grade and its chemical composition ;
- the mechanical characteristics :
- the dimensions and tolerances ;
- the technical conditions for inspection and testing ;
- the marking, packaging and inspection documents.
When steel grade S265 is specified in 4.1.2, the normative annex A applies and takes preference over conflicting requirements in the relevant areas of the main text.
Another part of this European Standard (describing fittings intended to fulfil the Essential Requirements of the PED) is :
- Butt-welding pipe fittings - Part 2 : Wrought carbon and ferritic alloy steels with specific inspection requirements.