DIN EN 12878
Pigments for the colouring of building materials based on cement and/or lime - Specifications and methods of test
|Publication Date:||1 July 2014|
|ICS Code (Cement. Gypsum. Lime. Mortar):||91.100.10|
|ICS Code (Pigments and extenders):||87.060.10|
This European Standard specifies the requirements and the methods of test for pigments for use in the colouring of building materials based on cement and cement/lime combinations.
Pigments covered by this European Standard may also be used in pure lime mortar. For this application, see EN 459-1 and EN 459-2.
Pigments for this purpose may be single pigments, blends of pigments, or blends of pigments and extenders, in powder or granular form, or aqueous preparations.
Pigments typically belong to one of the following classes of compounds:
- synthetic or natural oxides and hydroxides of iron;
- oxides of chromium, titanium and manganese;
- complex inorganic pigments, for example combinations of the above mentioned metal oxides and hydroxides with cobalt, aluminium, nickel and antimony oxides and hydroxides;
- ultramarine pigments;
- phthalocyanine blue and green;
- elemental carbon (shall be regarded as an inorganic pigment);
- blends of the above materials (which may also include extenders).