Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-56: Particular requirements for projectors and similar appliances
|Publication Date:||1 August 2014|
|ICS Code (Motion picture equipment):||37.060.10|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
|ICS Code (Miscellaneous domestic and commercial equipment):||97.180|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric projectors and similar appliances for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
NOTE 101 Examples of appliances that are within the scope of this standard are
- effects projectors;
- film-strip projectors;
- film viewers;
- microscope projectors;
- motion-picture projectors;
- opaque projectors (episcopes);
- opaque-transparency projectors (epidiascopes);
- overhead projectors;
- photographic enlargers;
- photo-reproduction appliances;
- slide projectors (diascopes);
- slide-sorting appliances.
- still viewers.
Appliances may incorporate sound amplifiers. Appliances not intended for normal household use, but which nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended for use by laymen in schools, offices, shops and similar locations are within the scope of this standard.
As far as practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances which are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance by young children.
NOTES 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary; - in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, and similar authorities.
- IEC 60598-1 is applicable as far as is reasonable.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to:
- LCD and video projectors (IEC 60065);
- micrographic office equipment (IEC 60950);
- motion picture projectors for films having a width exceeding 16 mm;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- appliances for medical purposes (IEC 60601).