ETSI - EN 302 099
Environmental Engineering (EE); Powering of equipment in access network
|Publication Date:||1 August 2014|
The present document describes the principles for powering of Telecommunications Equipment (TE) in access networks and contains requirements for the powering systems, laying down:
- the characteristics of the input and output interfaces of the power units;
- the power back-up conditions for TE including a power unit;
- the management data, necessary to guarantee the availability of the service and to ensure the maintenance of the power units.
The present document takes into account the characteristics of access network equipment for which the limits of responsibility in the installation or design of the power plants are very different than for equipment of telecom centre: it goes from "complete integration of the power plant in the TE" to "remote power feeding from a distant power plant".
The present document applies to the powering of all equipment of the access network (copper, fibre or radio networks) located outside telecommunications centres. The access network is defined as the part of the telecommunications network, which comprises the customer terminal installation and the first exchange (switching unit). The customer terminal and the switching unit are excluded from the application field of the present document.
The present document describes different configurations of powering the TE:
- Local power supply for TE.
- Remote Feeding to TE from centre through copper access pair.
- Cluster Power supply feeding power for a cluster of TE.
- Back feeding or Reverse Powering architecture that can supply power to Access Network Units such as ONU or ONT or remote DSL unit from the customer premises through its final distribution access copper pair.