SNZ SA/SNZ TR 24748.1
Systems and software engineering-Life cycle management Part 1: Guide for life cycle management
|Publication Date:||18 September 2014|
This Technical Report is a guide for the life cycle management of systems and software based on ISO/IEC 15288 and ISO/IEC 12207. This Technical Report:
- addresses systems concepts and life cycle concepts, models, stages, processes, process application, key points of view, adaptation and use in various domains;
- establishes a common framework for describing life cycles, including their individual stages, for the management of projects to provide or acquire either products or services;
- defines the concept and terminology of a life cycle;
- supports the use of the life cycle processes within an organization or a project. Organizations and projects can use these life cycle concepts when acquiring and supplying either products or services;
- provides guidance on adapting a life cycle model and the content associated with a life cycle or a part of a life cycle;
- describes the relationship between life cycles and their use in ISO/IEC 15288 (systems aspects) and ISO/IEC 12207 (software aspects);
- shows the relationships of life cycle concepts to the hardware, human, services, process, procedure, facility and naturally occurring entity aspects of projects;
- describes how its concepts relate to detailed process standards, for example, in the areas of measurement, project management and risk management;
- complements domain-specific application guidance in ISO/IEC TR 19760 and ISO/IEC TR 15271.
NOTE When published, ISO/IEC TR 24748-2 and ISO/IEC 24748-3 will cancel and replace ISO/IEC TR 19760 and ISO/IEC TR 15271, respectively.