Heat-treated steels, alloy steels and free-cutting steels - Part 17: Ball and roller bearing steels
|Publication Date:||15 October 2014|
|ICS Code (Heat-treatable steels):||77.140.10|
|ICS Code (Stainless steels):||77.140.20|
This part of ISO 683 specifies the technical delivery requirements for five groups of wrought ball and roller bearing steels as listed in Table 3, namely
- through-hardening bearing steels (steels with about 1 % C and 1 % to 2 % Cr),
- case-hardening bearing steels,
- induction-hardening bearing steels (unalloyed and alloyed),
- stainless bearing steels, and
- high-temperature bearing steels.
This part of ISO 683 applies to the products and heat-treatment conditions given in Table 1 and the surface conditions given in Table 2.
In addition to this part of ISO 683, the general technical delivery requirements of ISO 404 are applicable.