CEN - EN 12463
Food processing machinery - Filling machines and auxiliary machines - Safety and hygiene requirements
|Publication Date:||1 November 2014|
|ICS Code (Plants and equipment for the food industry):||67.260|
This European Standard applies for:
- filling machines with cylinder with piston,
- filling machines with feed intake hopper with and without loading device,
- auxiliary machines for filling machines.
This European Standard does not apply to filling machines with cylinder and manual operation.
This European Standard applies to machines which process pasty or slightly frozen products (e.g. meat, cheese), excluding dry or deep frozen materials. They pump foodstuff into casings or bring it to a subsequent process. This European Standard also applies to the combinable appliances or auxiliary machines with which a wide range of additional functions can be implemented, for example: portioning, depositing, mincing, coextruding, dividing and forming.
This European Standard deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to filling machines, fitting appliances and auxiliary machines, such as twisting and hanging devices, mincing devices, forming devices, etc., when they are used as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer and also the reasonable foreseeable misuse (see Clause 4).
These significant hazards, hazardous situations and events exist during the whole life of filling machines.
This European Standard covers the following auxiliary machines, auxiliary devices and interchangeable equipment: a) auxiliary machines:
1) portioning machine;
2) twisting machine;
3) mincing machine;
4) calibrating machine;
5) separation machine;
6) hanging machine;
7) co-extrusion machine;
8) tying machine;
9) grouping machine;
10) filling stream divider machine;
11) depositing machine;
12) forming machine;
13) peeling machine;
14) (casing-) spooling machine;
15) evacuating machine;
16) loading machine;
17) insertion machine;
18) handling machine (for full smoke sticks, single products or product groups); b) auxiliary devices / modules:
1) portioning device / module;
2) twisting device / module;
3) mincing device / module;
4) calibrating device / module;
5) separating device / module;
6) hanging device / module;
7) co-extrusion device / module;
8) tying device / module;
9) filling stream divider device / module;
10) depositor device / module;
11) forming device / module;
12) peeling device / module;
13) (casing-) spooling device / module;
14) casing loading device / module;
15) evacuation device / module;
16) casing closing device / module;
17) loading device / module;
18) ejector device / module;
c) interchangeable equipment:
1) linking gear box;
2) holding device;
3) mincing attachment;
5) casing brakes;
6) separating unit;
7) reservoir / infeed hopper;
9) voider unit;
10) dosing valve;
11) grinding sets;
12) forming inserts.
This European Standard is not applicable to filling machines and auxiliary machines which are manufactured before the date of publication of this document by CEN.
Filling machines described in this European Standard are no forming, filling and sealing machines as described in EN 415-3. Clipping machines are not covered by this document.