DIN EN 15180
Food processing machinery - Food depositors - Safety and hygiene requirements
|Publication Date:||1 January 2015|
|ICS Code (Plants and equipment for the food industry):||67.260|
This European Standard deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to food depositors as defined in 1.2.2 to 1.2.6 and the equipment typically integrated into them, i.e. product pumps, product elevators, conveyors and indexing mechanisms, when they are used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer (see Clause 4).
This European Standard deals with the significant hazards, hazardous situations and events during transport, assembly and installation, commissioning, use and decommissioning as defined in EN ISO 12100.
NOTE 1 According to the clause which is referred to, "use"
includes "setting, teaching/programming
NOTE 2 Although this standard is intended to apply to depositors used in the food industry, many of its requirements can also be used for similar machines used in other industries.
This European Standard is not applicable to the following machines:
- auger depositors or auger fillers and gravimetric filling machines, safety requirements for these machines are contained in EN 415-3;
- automatic dough dividers, safety requirements for these machines are contained in EN 12042;
- filling machines for sausages, safety requirements for these machines are contained in EN 12463;
- mincing machines, safety requirements for these machines are contained in EN 12331;
- food depositors that are powered exclusively by manual effort.
This document does not deal with the hazards related to the use of food depositors in a potentially explosive atmosphere.
This European Standard is not applicable to food depositors that were manufactured before the date of its publication as a European Standard.