General Specification for Electromechanical Plug-In, Printed Circuit Board, and Solid-State Relays
|Publication Date:||1 January 2015|
Note: Nothing in this standard supercedes applicable laws and regulations.
Note: In the event of conflict between the English and domestic language, the English language shall take precedence.
Purpose. The purpose of the relay is to switch and carry load currents while a minor control current through the relay coil is applied.
The relay shall provide only two (2) operating modes:
- Switching Contact Open: No current flows
- Switching Contact Closed: Load current flows An intermediate stage is not permitted.
Applicability. This standard applies to the following relays which are defined as follows:
- Relay with Normally Closed (NC) contacts: Single Pole Single Throw (SPST), NC
- Relay with Normally Open (NO) contacts: SPST, NO
- Relay with changeover contacts: Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT)
- Relay with multiple contacts: Double Pole Double Throw (DPDT)
- Solid State Relay (SSR): Constructed with electronic components which switch the load current on and off by means of Field Effect Transistors (FET) or electromechanical relays
- Multiple coil
Remarks. This specification covers the testing of general purpose electromechanical plug-in, Printed Circuit Board (PCB), and SSRs. It presents a series of physical, environmental and durability tests, and product requirements which are used to determine the capability of a relay as specified by the part drawing.
Where a user's engineering practices or needs are not applicable to all features of this standard, it is intended that as many details as is practical be followed.