VDI 4603 BLATT 1
Operation management and process monitoring in power generation and utilities
|Publication Date:||1 April 2014|
|ICS Code (Management systems):||03.100.70|
This standard deals with the operation management and process monitoring system of plants for power generation and distribution as well as of plants of the utility and waste management industry and describes the benefit, users, functions and interfaces of the elements of such a system.
The present standard is intended to serve users as guidance for the tendering and implementation of operation management and process monitoring systems. For suppliers of information systems, this standard may be useful for the design of systems and subsystems as well as for the definition and configuration of interfaces.
the information pyramid as replicated in this standard. An operation management and process monitoring system covers all the functions that directly support the operation of a production Richtplant. For this purpose, interfaces to other information systems are necessary. The components must possess interfaces within the operation management and process monitoring system. The individual components of an operation management system must not necessarily be integrated into one product. But it is, as a principle, aimed at avoiding multiple management and storage of identical information (data redundancy).
In an enterprise, a great number of information technology systems with different functions are available, therefore a delimitation is necessary for the purposes of this standard.
The following functions are not described in this standard:
• business functions (e. g. cost accounting, billing)
• purchase functions (e. g. requisition, order)
• functions for location-related equipment management and documentation
• sales functions,
• functions for CRM (customer relationship management)
• functions to handle legal requirements
• functions of human resources management
• functions of the company's emission monitoring
• functions of laboratory information and management systems (LIMS), with the exception of the functions relating to the material flow management system
• Warehouse management functions are considered from the aspect of material flow management and maintenance.
• The present standard does not describe basic information technology functions such as:
• IT security (see VGB RL 016, NERC CIP IEC 27 001 and NERC CIP IEC 27 002, series of standards VDI/VDE 2182)
• data storage and archiving
• user management analysing tools (reports, business intelligence, etc.)
• hardware-relevant functions
Functions and criteria of specific industrial sectors such as, for example, from nuclear engineering cannot be fully taken into account.
Within the scope of this standard, the functions of the components of operation management and process
monitoring systems are characterized in the tables below using the terms:
• must: binding requirement
• shall: requirement unless there are important reasons to the contrary
• should: recommendation can/may: permission