ISO TS 18790-1
Health informatics - Profiling framework and classification for Traditional Medicine informatics standards development - Part 1: Traditional Chinese Medicine
|Publication Date:||1 May 2015|
|ICS Code (IT applications in health care technology):||35.240.80|
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is a form of traditional
medicine that originated in China, and is characterized by holism
and treatment based on pattern identification/syndr
Topics considered outside the scope of this Technical Specification include:
- profiling framework and classification for informatics standards of Kampo, Korean medicine, and other traditional medicine.
The framework has been developed to address different needs of TCM informatics and compare with health informatics standards. The specific needs addressed in this Technical Specification are the following:
- provide the capability to comprehensively define and classify TCM informatics standards artefacts;
- facilitate the coordination, communication, and comparability of TCM informatics standards through a common understanding of intended users and content;
- help identify and coordinate TCM informatics standards development;
- promote TCM informatics standards integration and alignment within and between standards from different Standards Development Organizations (SDOs); and
- provide a framework to assist with the coordination of ISO/TC 215 work items both within the technical committee and with related TCs, including ISO/TC 249 and ISO/TC 46.
The potential benefits of the Technical Specification include the following:
- introduction of classification concepts and terminology for TCM informatics standard artefacts;
- enhancement of TCM informatics standards development coordination through the identification of potential duplication between standards initiatives;
- enhancement of global understanding of TCM informatics standards in support of their knowledge management.
The target groups include the following:
- managers and reviewers of TCM informatics standards;
- developers of TCM informatics standards;
- users of TCM informatics standards.