Design of electrical installations for wind turbines
|Publication Date:||1 May 2015|
The standard is applicable to all types of wind turbines.
The standard is applicable to the design of electrical components and electrical systems for the complete wind turbine, including main components, cable systems and, control and protection systems.
Electrical installations shall be so designed that:
- the maintaining of normal operational conditions will be ensured without recourse to any emergency source of electrical power
- the operation of emergency equipment required for machinery and personal safety will be ensured under various defined emergency conditions
- the safety of personnel and installations from electrical hazards will be ensured and risks of injury to human life will be reduced to a minimum
- the equipment and installations will reach the expected life times
- sufficiently high reliability is reached for the entire system.
This standard covers:
- rotating electrical machines
- power transformers
- frequency converters
- high voltage switchgear
- back-up power supply systems
- low-voltage switchgear, controlgear and switchboards including safety-related parts
- cables, lines and accessories
- lightning protection, earthing and bonding
- electrical pitch and yaw drives
- selection and interconnection of electrical equipment
- electrical control and protection systems
- installation and maintenance
- corrosion protection
- fire protection
- extreme environmental conditions (-x, +y).