SNZ AS/NZS 60335.2.101
Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2.101: Particular requirements for vaporizers
|Publication Date:||22 November 2002|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric vaporizers for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
NOTE 101 Examples of appliances that are within the scope of this standard are air f resheners and insect repel lers. They may be plugged directly into a socket-outlet or connected to the supply mains by means of a f lexible cord and plug.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but which nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge
prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appl iances to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraf t, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specif ied by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- appliances for heating liquids (IEC 60335-2-15);
- insect killers (IEC 60335-2-59);
- fabric steamers (IEC 60335-2-85);
- humidif iers (IEC 60335-2-98).