DIN EN 62734
Industrial networks - Wireless communication network and communication profiles - ISA 100.11a (IEC 62734:2014); English version EN 62734:2015
|Publication Date:||1 July 2015|
|ICS Code (Networking):||35.110|
|ICS Code (Application layer):||35.100.70|
|ICS Code (IT applications in industry):||35.240.50|
This International Standard specifies a method of reliable and secure wireless operation for noncritical monitoring, alerting, supervisory control, open loop control, and closed loop control applications. This standard defines a protocol suite, including system management, gateway considerations, and security specifications, for low-data-rate wireless connectivity with fixed, portable, and slowly-moving devices, often operating under severe energy and power constraints. The application focus of this standard is the performance needs of process automation monitoring and control, where end-to-end communication delays on the order of 100 ms can be tolerated.
This standard specifies the following:
- physical layer service definition and protocol specification;
- data-link layer service definition and protocol specification;
- network layer service definition and protocol specification;
- transport layer service definition and protocol specification;
- application layer service definition and protocol specification, including support for protocol tunneling and gateways;
- security and security management;
- provisioning and configuration;
- network management;
- and additive communication role profiles (i.e., one or more can be selected concurrently).
Functionality above the application layer of the OSI Basic Reference Model, such as the so-called User Layer and different profiles for functionality at that layer, is not addressed. However, it is discussed briefly in Annex A.