CEN - EN 1993-1-1
Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures - Part 1-1: General rules and rules for buildings
|Publication Date:||1 May 2005|
|ICS Code (Metal structures):||91.080.10|
|ICS Code (Technical aspects):||91.010.30|
Scope of Part 1.1 of Eurocode 3
(1) EN 1993-1-1 gives basic design rules for steel structures with material thicknesses t ≥ 3 mm. It also gives supplementary provisions for the structural design of steel buildings. These supplementary provisions are indicated by the letter "B" after the paragraph number, thus ( )B.
NOTE For cold formed members and sheeting, see EN 1993-1-3 (2) The following subjects are dealt with in EN 1993-1-1:
Section 1: General Section 2: Basis of design Section 3: Materials
Section 4: Durability
Section 5: Structural analysis
Section 6: Ultimate limit states
Section 7: Serviceability limit states
(3) Sections 1 to 2 provide additional clauses to those given in EN 1990 "Basis of structural design".
(4) Section 3 deals with material properties of products made of low alloy structural steels.
(5) Section 4 gives general rules for durability.
(6) Section 5 refers to the structural analysis of structures, in which the members can be modelled with sufficient accuracy as line elements for global analysis.
(7) Section 6 gives detailed rules for the design of cross sections and members.
(8) Section 7 gives rules for serviceability