DIN EN 16474
Plastics and rubber machines - Tyre curing presses - Safety requirements
|Publication Date:||1 August 2015|
|ICS Code (Equipment for the rubber and plastics industries):||83.200|
This European Standard applies to tyre curing machines having the following configuration.
- crossing flow tyre curing machines, with two cavities with:
- common curing cycle and common safeguarding; or
- independent curing cycles and common safeguarding; or
- independent curing cycles and independent safeguarding;
- tyre curing machines with one cavity;
- tyre curing machines with automatic rear feeding and discharge.
The safety requirements and/or protective measures specified in this European Standard apply to tyre curing machines for passenger vehicle tyres and truck tyres. This European Standard does not deal with:
- feeding system and discharge system;
- tyre curing machines with manual loading of the green tyre into the mould and manual unloading of the cured tyre from the mould;
- ancillary equipment which is not an integral part of the tyre curing machine, e.g. conveying equipment;
- exhaust systems.
This European Standard deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to tyre curing machines, when they are used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer (see Clause 4).
It does not deal with hazards associated with falling of parts of the container or mould.
Some tyre curing machines include pressure vessels, which fall under Directive 97/23/EC ; this European standard is not intended to support the Directive 97/23/EC.
This European Standard is not applicable to tyre curing machines which are manufactured before the date of its publication as an EN.