DIN EN 14462
Surface treatment equipment - Noise test code for surface treatment equipment including its ancillary handling equipment - Accuracy grades 2 and 3
|Publication Date:||1 August 2015|
|ICS Code (Noise emitted by machines and equipment):||17.140.20|
|ICS Code (Surface treatment and coating in general):||25.220.01|
This European Standard specifies standardized conditions for the determination, declaration and verification of airborne noise emission of the following surface treatment equipment:
- machinery for cleaning and pre-treatment of industrial item surfaces (see EN 12921-1, EN 12921-2, EN 12921-3, EN 12921-4);
- phosphating machinery;
- plating machinery;
- plasma surface treatment machinery;
- machinery for the supply and/or circulation of coating materials under pressure (see EN 12621, EN 12757-1);
- atomizing and spraying equipment for coating materials (see EN 1953, EN 50050-1, EN 50050-2, EN 50050-3, EN 50059, EN 50176, EN 50177, EN 50348);
- coating plants (see EN 12215, EN 12581, EN 12981, EN 13355, EN 50223);
- dryers, ovens and evaporating equipment (see EN 1539);
- thermal cleaning plants (incinerators) for exhaust gas from surface treatment plants (see EN 12753);
- dry-ice blasting equipment.
For the above surface treatment machinery, this European Standard gives provisions for the determination of
- emission sound pressure levels at workstations and/or other specified positions and
- sound power levels.
This European Standard specifies noise emission measurement methods, mounting and operating conditions that shall be used for the test. The use of this document ensures the reproducibility of the determination of the noise emission characteristics within specified limits determined by the grade of accuracy of the basic noise emission measurement method used (see Clause 4 and Clause 5). Noise emission measurement methods allowed by this document are engineering methods (grade 2) and survey methods (grade 3).
This European Standard does not apply to machines not explicitly listed in the scope:
- printing, paper converting and paper making machinery and auxiliary equipment (see EN 13023);
- abrasive blasting machinery see EN 1265.