CEN - EN 15572
Machines and plants for mining and tooling of natural stone - Safety - Requirements for edge finishing machines
|Publication Date:||1 August 2015|
|ICS Code (Equipment for processing of minerals):||73.120|
|ICS Code (Grinding and polishing machines):||25.080.50|
This European Standard applies to table edge finishing machines (see 3.1) and belt edge finishing machines (see 3.2) which are used to grind, polish, cut and shape the edge or surface of slabs, strips or tiles of natural stone and engineered stone (e.g. agglomerated stone) as defined by EN 14618:2009.
This European Standard deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to edge finishing machines, when they are used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer (see Clause 4).
This European Standard specifies the appropriate technical measures to eliminate or reduce risks arising from the significant hazards.
This European Standard deals all significant hazards that may occur within the expected lifetime of the machinery including the phases of transport, assembly, dismantling, disabling and scrapping.
This European Standard also applies to machines fitted with the following facilities/devices:
- automatic tool change;
- tilting and/or rotating head axis;
- rotating workpiece support(s);
- axes operating according a NC work programme;
- mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic or vacuum workpiece clamping;
and the following accessory units:
- spindle with grinding and polishing tool;
- spindle with bush-hammering tool;
- spindle with diamond wheel;
- spindle with calibrating tool;
- spindle with dripstone tool;
- spindle with cutting tool;
- spindle with shaping tool.
This European Standard does not deal with:
- hand-held grinding machines;
- machines intended for operation in a potentially explosive atmosphere;
- operation in severe environmental conditions (e.g. extreme temperatures, corrosive environment);
- machines intended for outdoor operation.
This European Standard is not applicable to machinery which is manufactured before the date of publication of this document by CEN.