NATO - AQAP-2210
NATO SUPPLEMENTARY SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE REQUIREMENTS TO AQAP-2110 OR AQAP-2310
|Publication Date:||1 September 2015|
This publication specifies the project oriented requirements to manage the quality of the software development process. Both managerial and technical processes must be addressed in order to:
a. establish visibility of the software development process;
b. detect software quality problems as early as possible in the software life cycle;
c. provide quality control data for the timely implementation of effective corrective action;
d. confirm that quality is engineered in during the software development process;
e. provide assurance that the software produced conforms to contractual requirements;
f. ensure that appropriate software support is provided to activities at the system engineering level, if required by the contract; and g. ensure that the safety and security conditions of the project are addressed.
1. When referenced in a contract this AQAP shall apply to:
a. all cases where software development is undertaken;
b. all cases where non-deliverable software is developed or employed under the contract (to the extent specified in paragraph 18.104.22.168);
c. all cases where software maintenance is part of the contract, in order to avoid uncontrolled, hidden development activities, which could have unforeseeable or detrimental consequences on the quality of the software product;
d. all cases where off-the-shelf software is to be delivered (to the extent specified in paragraph 22.214.171.124); and
e. all cases relating to the development of the software element of firmware.
2. If the contract addresses only "partial" software development or maintenance activities, then the related requirements of this publication shall also apply (e.g. software replication activities, software activities during system integration, software requirements definition, software archiving and storage services, Sub-supplier management activities etc.).
3. This publication is intended for use with AQAP 2110 or AQAP 2310 as a software specific and project oriented supplement. Where there is any conflict between the requirements of AQAP 2110 (or AQAP 2310) and this publication for software, the requirements of this publication shall prevail.
4. If any inconsistency exists between the Contract requirements and this publication, the Contract requirements shall prevail.
5. For competitive software acquisition this publication can also be used for the specification of requests for proposals and the evaluation of proposals. The provisions of this publication can also apply to Government Agencies performing software development or maintenance.