Control Networking Protocol Specification Part 6: Application Elements
|Publication Date:||1 September 2015|
This specification provides mechanisms through which various vendors of building automation, home automation, control, and building management systems may exchange information in a standardised way.
This document provides specifications for the Application Elements of Control Network Protocol packets as follows:
• Definitions of standardized packet (network-variable) data types;
• Definitions of device-interface files;
• Definitions of standardized configuration-proper
• Definitions of standardized enumeration types;
• Definitions of standardized functional profiles;
• Definition of the standardized method of file transfer between devices.
The purpose of this specification is to insure interoperability between various CNP implementations. This document contains all the information necessary to read and interpret the format of data and control information that is used by CEA-709.5. It also defines the device interface for a device as specified, which is necessary to exchange data between various devices from different manufacturers.