CEN - EN 71-5
Safety of toys - Part 5: Chemical toys (sets) other than experimental sets
|Publication Date:||1 September 2015|
|ICS Code (Toys):||97.200.50|
This European Standard specifies requirements and test methods for the substances and materials used in chemical toys(sets) other than experimental sets. These substances and mixtures are:
- those classified as dangerous by the EC-legislation applying to dangerous substances and dangerous mixtures ;
- substances and mixtures which in excessive amounts could harm the health of the children using them and which are not classified as dangerous by the above mentioned legislation; and
- any other chemical substance(s) and mixture(s) delivered with the chemical toy.
NOTE The terms "substance" and "mixture" are defined in the REACH regulation No. (EC)1907/2006 and in the CLP regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008.
Additionally, requirements are specified for markings, warnings, safety rules, contents list, instructions for use and first aid information.
This Part of EN 71 applies to:
- plaster of Paris (gypsum) moulding sets;
- ceramic and vitreous enamelling materials supplied in miniature workshop sets;
- oven-hardening plasticised PVC modelling clay sets;
- plastic moulding sets;
- embedding sets;
- adhesives, paints, lacquers, varnishes, thinners and cleaning agents (solvents), supplied or recommended in model sets.