NORSOK - U-001
Subsea production systems
|Publication Date:||1 October 2015|
A complete subsea production system comprises several subsystems necessary to produce hydrocarbons from one or more subsea wells and transfer them to a given processing facility located offshore (fixed, floating or subsea) or onshore, or to inject water/gas through subsea wells.
This standard NORSOK U-001 Subsea production systems provides general requirements and overall recommendations for development of complete subsea production systems, from the design phase to decommissioning and abandonment, within the Norwegian continental shelf (NCS).
NORSOK U-001 provides normative reference to the relevant ISO 13628 Design and operation of subsea production systems series of standards, and provides additional requirements that are applicable to equipment and operations in the NCS.
The ISO 13628 series of standards consists of the following parts, under the general title Petroleum and natural gas industries - Design and operation of subsea production systems:
- Part 1: General requirements and recommendations (*)
- Part 2: Unbonded flexible pipe systems for subsea and marine applications
- Part 3: Through flowline (TFL) systems
- Part 4: Subsea wellhead and tree equipment (*)
- Part 5: Subsea umbilicals (*)
- Part 6: Subsea production control systems
- Part 7: Completion/workover riser systems (*)
- Part 8: Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) interfaces on subsea production systems (*)
- Part 9: Remotely Operated Tool (ROT) intervention systems
- Part 10: Specification for bonded flexible pipe
- Part 11: Flexible pipe systems for subsea and marine applications
- Part 15: Subsea structures and manifolds (*)
(*) Presently, this NORSOK U-001 provides amendments only to the ISO standards marked with asterisks above.