SNZ AS/NZS 60335.2.76
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2.76: Particular requirements for electric fence energizers
|Publication Date:||30 May 2003|
This International Standard deals with the safety ofelectric fence energizers, the rated voltage of which is not more than 250 V and by means of which fence wires in agricultural, domestic or feral animal control fences and security fences may be electrified or monitored.
NOTE 101 Examples of electric fence energizerscoming wi thin the scope of this standard are:
- mains-operated energizers;
- battery-operated electric fence energizers suitable for connection to the mains
- electric fence energizers operated by non-rechargeable batteries either incorporated or separate. This standard does not in general take into account
- the use of appliances by young children or inf irm persons without supervision;
- the playing with appliances by young children.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appl iances intended to be used on board ships or aircraf t, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specif ied by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- electromagnetically coupled animal trainer collars;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- separate battery chargers (IEC 60335-2-29);
- electric f ishing machines (IEC 60335-2-86);
- electric animal-stunning equipment (IEC 60335-2-87);
- appliances for medical purposes (IEC 60601).