ANSI - INCITS/ISO/IEC TR 29144
Information technology - Biometrics - The use of biometric technology in commercial Identity Management applications and processes (Technical Report)
|Publication Date:||1 January 2014|
This Technical Report will discuss
- concepts and considerations for the use of biometrics in a commercial Identity Management Solutions,
- items that need to be considered when integrating biometrics into a commercial Identity Management Solutions, and
- implementation Issues when implementing biometrics into commercial Identity Management Solutions.
This Technical Report will not
- define an architecture and framework for IDM,
- discuss any specification or assessment of government policy,
- discuss the business need for a biometric database or process,
- discuss the specific biometrics and which ones are to be used in particular systems,
- consider the legality and acceptability in particular jurisdictions and cultures,
- analyse the general structure of identifiers and the global identification of objects (e.g. object identifiers), and
- discuss technical specifications in relation to the use of trusted biometric hardware and software.