Wireless systems for industrial automation: Process control and related applications
|Publication Date:||4 May 2011|
This project will define the OSI layer specifications (e.g., PhL, DL, etc.), security specificati
NOTE Usage classes are described in Annex C.
The project's application focus will address performance needs for periodic monitoring and process control where latencies on the order of 100 ms can be tolerated, with optional behavior for shorter latency.
This project will address:
• Low energy consumption devices, and also those applications that have latency and latency variability constraints, with the ability to scale to address large installations;
• Wireless infrastructure, interfaces to legacy infrastructure and applications, security, and network management requirements in a functionally scalable manner;
• Robustness in the presence of interference found in harsh industrial environments and with legacy systems;
• Coexistence with other wireless devices anticipated in the industrial work space, such as IEEE 802.11x, IEEE 802.16x, cell phones, and other relevant standards; and
• Interoperability of ISA100 devices.