Standard: AGA Z380115
GUIDE FOR GAS TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION PIPING SYSTEMS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
The guide material presented in the Gas Piping Technology Committee's (GPTC) "Guide for Gas Transmission, Distribution, and Gathering Piping Systems" (Guide) contains information and some "how to" methods to assist the operator in complying with the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Title 49 as follows:
• Part 191 - Transportation of Natural and Other Gas by Pipeline: Annual Reports, Incident Reports, and Safety-Related Condition Reports
• Part 192 - Transportation of Natural and Other Gas by Pipeline: Minimum Federal Safety Standards
Parts 191 and 192 are typically referred to hereinafter as the "Regulations."
The recommendations contained in the Guide are based on sound engineering principles developed by a committee balanced in accordance with accepted committee procedures and must be applied by the use of sound and competent judgment. All guide material is of equal importance and validity, whether immediately following the Regulations or in Guide Material Appendices.
The guide material is advisory in nature and contains guidance and information for consideration in complying with the Regulations. As such, it is not intended for public authorities or others to adopt the Guide in mandatory language, in whole or in part, in laws, regulations, administrative orders, ordinances, or similar instruments as the sole means of compliance.
The operator is cautioned that the guide material may not be adequate under all conditions encountered, and should not restrict the operator from using other methods of complying with the Regulations. Following the Guide does not ensure that an operator is automatically in compliance with the requirements of Parts 191 and 192. Operators of intrastate facilities are also cautioned that some states have additional or more stringent requirements than Parts 191 and 192. Operators of both intrastate and interstate facilities may be subject to state-specific damage prevention requirements.
|Organization:||American Gas Association|
|Document Number:||aga z380115|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|AGA Z380115||Change Type: ADM6||Update Date: 2016-12-01||Revision: 15||Status: ACTV|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 252.