Standard: ISO/IEC 11179-4
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY METADATA REGISTRIES (MDR) PART 4: FORMULATION OF DATA DEFINITIONS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This part of ISO/IEC 11179 specifies requirements and recommendations for constructing definitions for data and metadata. Only semantic aspects of definitions are addressed; specifications for formatting the definitions are deemed unnecessary for the purposes of ISO/IEC 11179. While especially applicable to the content of metadata registries as specified in ISO/IEC 11179-3, this part of ISO/IEC 11179 is useful broadly for developing definitions for data and metadata.
These definitional requirements and recommendations pertain to formulating definitions for data elements and other types of data constructs such as entity types, entities, relationships, attributes, object types (or classes), objects, composites, code entries, metadata items, and the data referred to by XML tags.
|Organization:||International Organization for Standardization|
|Document Number:||iso/iec 11179-4|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|ISO/IEC 11179-4||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 1995-01-01||Revision: 1ST||Status: INAC|