CSA ISO/IEC 9075-4
Information technology - Database languages - SQL - Part 4: Persistent stored modules
|Publication Date:||1 January 2018|
|ICS Code (Languages used in information technology):||35.060|
This part of International Standard ISO/IEC 9075 specifies the syntax and semantics of a database language for declaring and maintaining persistent database language routines in SQL-server modules.
The database language for s and s includes:
- The specification of statements to direct the flow of control.
- The assignment of the result of expressions to variables and parameters.
- The specification of condition handlers that allow SQL-invoked routines to deal with various conditions that arise during their execution.
- The specification of statements to signal and resignal conditions.
- The declaration of standing SQL-server cursors.
- The declaration of local variables.
It also includes the definition of the Information Schema tables that contain schema information pertaining to SQL-server modules and SQL-invoked routines.