Standard: ISO 18490
NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING - EVALUATION OF VISION ACUITY OF NDT PERSONNEL
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This International Standard specifies the form of the optotype, the quality requirements for the chart, the test procedure, and the acceptance level for near vision acuity of NDT personnel. It also addresses the qualification requirements for personnel permitted to carry out the test.
This International Standard only addresses near vision acuity under defined conditions similar to those encountered during routine NDT inspection. It does not address an individual's overall visual acuity and users are advised to consider the need for a general eye examination by specialist medical personnel to ensure general vision acuity is appropriate for job function.
This International Standard does not address colour vision requirements.
|Organization:||International Organization for Standardization|
|Document Number:||iso 18490|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|