CSA - CAN/CSA-Z243.228-90
Information Processing - Text and Office Systems - Office Document Architecture (ODA) and Interchange Format - Part 8: Geometric Graphics Content Architectures
|Publication Date:||1 August 1990|
The purpose of ISO 8613 iso to facilitate the interchange of documents.
In the context of ISO 8613, documents are considered to be items such as memoranda, letters, invoices, forms and reports, which may include pictures and tabular material. The content elements used within the documents may include graphic characters, geometric graphics elements and raster graphics elements, all potentially within one document.
NOTE - ISO 8613 is designed to allow for extensions, including typographical features, colour, spreadsheets and additional types of content such as sound.
ISO 8613 applies to the interchange of documents by means of data communication or the exchange of storage media.
It provides for the interchange of documents for either or both of the following purposes:
- to allow presentation as intended by the originator;
- to allow processing such as editing and reformatting.
The composition of a document in interchange can take several forms:
- formatted form, allowing presentation of the document;
- processable form, allowing processing of the document;
- formatted processable form, allowing both presentation and processing.
ISO 8613 also provides for the interchange of ODA information structures used for the processing of interchanged documents.
Furthermore, ISO 8613 allows for the interchange of documents containing noe or more different types of content such as character text, images, graphics and sound.
This part of ISO 8613:
- defines a geometric graphic content architecture that can be used in conjunction with the document architecture defined in ISO 8613-2:
- defines an interface which allows the use of content structured according to ISO 8632 within documents structured according to ISO 8613-2;
- defines those aspects of positioning and imaging applicable to the presentation of this geometric graphics content architecture in a basic layout object;
- defines the presentation attributes applicable to this geometric graphics content architecture;
- describes a content layout process, which together with the document layout process described in ISO 8613-2, describes the layout of geometric content in basic layout objects and determines the dimensions of these basic layout objects.