Standard: ISO/IEC GUIDE 37
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF PRODUCTS BY CONSUMERS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This Guide establishes principles and gives recommendations on the design and formulation of instructions for use of products by consumers.
This Guide is intended to be used by the following:
- committees preparing standards for consumer products:
- product designers, manufacturers, technical writer or other people engaged in the work of conceiving and drafting such instructions;
- importers, regulators, inspection bodies and researchers.
The principles and detailed recommendations in this Guide are intended to be applied in combination with the specific requirements on instructions for use specified in standards for particular products or groups of products. Some model formats and wordings are suggested for inclusion in standards.
This Guide contains some practical recommendations and a proposed methodology for assessment in order to help establish common criteria for the assessment of the quality of instructions for use.
Annexes A and B provide checklists to help principal target groups using this Guide.
|Organization:||International Organization for Standardization|
|Document Number:||iso/iec guide 37|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|ISO/IEC GUIDE 37||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 1995-01-01||Revision: 2ND||Status: INAC|
|ISO/IEC GUIDE 37||Change Type:||Revision: 2ND||Status: INAC|
|ISO/IEC GUIDE 37||Change Type:||Revision: 1ST||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 22.