Standard: ISO/IEC 11179-1
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY - METADATA REGISTRIES (MDR) - PART 1: FRAMEWORK
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This part of ISO/IEC 11179 provides the means for understanding and associating the individual parts of ISO/IEC 11179 and is the foundation for a conceptual understanding of metadata and metadata registries.
This part of ISO/IEC 11179 is applicable to the formulation of data representations, concepts, meanings and relationships to be shared among people and machines, independent of the organization that produces the data. It is not applicable to the physical representation of data as bits and bytes at the machine level.
In this part of ISO/IEC 11179 (and all other parts), metadata refers to descriptions of data. It does not contain a general treatment of metadata.
|Organization:||International Organization for Standardization|
|Document Number:||iso/iec 11179-1|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|ISO/IEC 11179-1||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2004-09-15||Revision: 2ND||Status: INAC|
|ISO/IEC 11179-1||Change Type: NEW ADDITION||Update Date: 1999-12-01||Revision: 1ST||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 23.
Standards That Reference This Standard
Showing 10 of 80.