Standard: FAA - 14 CFR PART 26
CONTINUED AIRWORTHINESS AND SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS FOR TRANSPORT CATEGORY AIRPLANES
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Purpose and scope.
(a) This part establishes requirements for support of the continued airworthiness of and safety improvements for transport category airplanes. These requirements may include performing assessments, developing design changes, developing revisions to Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA), and making necessary documentation available to affected persons. Requirements of this part that establish standards for design changes and revisions to the ICA are considered airworthiness requirements.
(b) Except as provided in paragraph
(c) of this section, this part applies to the following persons, as specified in each subpart of this part:
(1) Holders of type certificates and supplemental type certificates.
(2) Applicants for type certificates and supplemental type certificates and changes to those certificates (including service bulletins describing design changes).
(3) Persons seeking design approval for airplane repairs, alterations, or modifications that may affect airworthiness.
(4) Holders of type certificates and their licensees producing new airplanes.
(c) An applicant for approval of a design change is not required to comply with any applicable airworthiness requirement of this part if the applicant elects or is required to comply with a corresponding amendment to part 25 of this chapter that is adopted concurrently or after that airworthiness requirement.
(d) For the purposes of this part, the word ‘‘type certificate’’ does not include supplemental type certificates.
|Organization:||Federal Aviation Administration|
|Document Number:||14 cfr part 26|
|Most Recent Revision:||NO|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|14 CFR PART 26||Change Type: COMPLETE REVISION||Update Date: 2017-01-01||Status: ACTV|
|14 CFR PART 26||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2015-01-01||Status: INAC|
|14 CFR PART 26||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2014-01-01||Status: INAC|
|14 CFR PART 26||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2013-01-01||Status: INAC|
|14 CFR PART 26||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2012-01-01||Status: INAC|
|14 CFR PART 26||Change Type:||Update Date: 2011-01-01||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 1 of 1.