Standard: TAPPI T 576
TENSILE PROPERTIES OF TOWEL AND TISSUE PRODUCTS (USING CONSTANT RATE OF ELONGATION APPARATUS)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This test method describes the procedure, using constant-rate-of-elongation, for determining three tensile breaking properties of towel and tissue: tensile strength, stretch, and tensile energy absorption.
This procedure is applicable to all types of towel and tissue including bath, towel, napkin, and facial. The procedure is applicable to instruments performing either vertical or horizontal tests. The procedure was written for computer controlled instruments, since these are almost universally used in mills. Manual instruments may be suitable for performing these tests, however, the user is responsible for making this assessment. This procedure does not apply to paper, paperboard, combined corrugated board or handsheets.
|Document Number:||tappi t 576|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|