CENELEC - EN 60335-2-37
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety Part 2-37: Particular requirements for commercial electric deep fat fryers
|Publication Date:||1 December 2002|
|ICS Code (Small kitchen appliances):||97.040.50|
This International Standard deals with the safety of electrically operated commercial deep fat fryers including pressurized types not intended for household use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances connected between one phase and neutral and 480 V for other appliances.
Additional requirements for appliances with power h driven moving parts are given in Annex ZE.
NOTE 101 These appliances are used for example in restaurants, canteens, hospitals and commercial enterprises such as bakeries, butcheries, etc.
The electrical part of appliances making use of other forms of energy is also within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by these types of appliances.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified for pressure appliances.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to :
- machines designed exclusively for industrial purposes,
- machines intended to be used in locations where a corrosive or an explosive atmosphere is present (dust, vapour or gas),
- continuous process machines for the mass production of food,
- pressure cookers generating in any part a pressure exceeding 50 kPa,
- fryers designed for induction heating,
- machinery for processing cosmetics, chemicals and pharmaceutical products.