Standard: NFPA 407
STANDARD FOR AIRCRAFT FUEL SERVICING
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard applies to the fuel servicing of all types of aircraft using liquid petroleum fuel.
This standard does not apply to any of the following:
(1) In-flight fueling
(2) Fuel servicing of flying boats or amphibious aircraft on water
(3) Draining or filling of aircraft fuel tanks incidental to aircraft fuel system maintenance operations or manufacturing
This document is not intended to be used as the sole standard for design, construction, operation, and maintenance of fuel storage and transfer facilities, as it does not address requirements for environmental protection, fuel quality, or other issues not directly related to fire safety.
The purpose of this standard is to establish reasonable minimum fire safety requirements for procedures, equipment, and installations for the protection of persons, aircraft, and other property during ground fuel servicing of aircraft using liquid petroleum fuels. These requirements are based upon sound engineering principles, test data, and field experience.
The fire hazard properties of aviation fuels vary; however, for the purpose of this standard, the same fire safety precautions are specified for all types.
|Organization:||National Fire Protection Association|
|Document Number:||nfpa 407|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|NFPA 407||Change Type: TIA1||Revision: 17||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 407||Change Type: TIA1||Revision: 12||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 407||Change Type: TIA1||Update Date: 2011-10-19||Revision: 12||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 407||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2012-01-01||Revision: 12||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 407||Change Type: TIA3||Revision: 07||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 407||Change Type: TIA3||Update Date: 2009-10-27||Revision: 07||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 407||Change Type: TIA2||Update Date: 2008-08-13||Revision: 07||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 407||Change Type: TIA1||Update Date: 2008-08-13||Revision: 07||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 407||Change Type: ERTA||Update Date: 2007-07-11||Revision: 07||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 37.