Graphic technology - Use of PDF to associate processing steps and content data - Part 1: Processing steps for packaging and labels
|Publication Date:||1 July 2018|
|ICS Code (IT applications in information, documentation and publishing):||35.240.30|
|ICS Code (Other standards related to graphic technology):||37.100.99|
This document describes a method for storing data in a PDF file that correspond to the processing steps of printed products.
This method has three parts:
1) metadata identifying processing steps;
2) limitations on the interaction between PDF graphics objects that are part of a processing step and other PDF graphics objects;
3) limitations on PDF graphics objects in processing steps. This method is intended to be generic, i.e. not specific to packaging and labels.
In addition, this document defines the following packaging- and label-specific groups of processingsteps data:
- data corresponding to finishing steps, such as cutting, folding or glueing;
- information panels;
- indications of physical dimensions;
- indications of intended positions of graphical elements;
- printed white, for example on transparent or metallic surfaces;
- printed varnish.