IGEM - GM/7A
Electrical connections for gas metering equipment
|Publication Date:||1 November 2008|
This standard provides requirements for the selection, installation, inspection and maintenance of electrical equipment connected to gas meter installations by:
• Ensuring electrical equipment will not be a source of ignition.
• Ensuring compliance with DSEAR and ATEX directives.
• Describing suitable electrical equipment.
• Describing how to safely connect electrical equipment. This standard applies to the connection of any electrical equipment to a gas meter. It applies to meter installations of maximum operating pressure not exceeding 100 bar containing Natural Gas in a gaseous state. It applies to primary and secondary meter installations and associated volume conversion equipment in industrial, commercial and domestic premises. It considers:
• DSEAR and ATEX Directives.
• Pulse ownership.
• Equipment certification and suitability
• Equipment connections
•Details of electrical connections
• Records and reporting Advice is provided on:
• Legal requirements
• Authorisation procedures
• Electrical low frequency and high frequency outputs.
• Design of electronic interface equipment.
• Ensuring integrity of installation, operation and maintenance of a pulse chain.
• Procedures for telephone connections
• Equipment location and installation.
• Equipment connection, protection and isolation.
• Inspection and maintenance