IGEM - TD/16
|Publication Date:||1 January 2014|
This Standard covers the construction and operation of facilities that allow biomethane into a gas network, and the functions such a facility may have to perform.
In particular, it covers the requirements for design, construction, installation, inspection, testing, operation, maintenance and de-commissioning of Biomethane Network Entry Facilities (BNEF). Biogas Upgrading Plant (BUP) are outside the scope of this standard but the impact of the BUP on the BNEF may be appropriate. It contains details of various functions that a BNEF may be required to perform, such as:
- Enrichment with LPG
- Pressure control
- Flow Management
- Gas analysis
- Odorant injection
Specifically, it details:
- Legal and allied considerations, such as Gas Safety (Management) Regulations and Environmental Protection Act
- Contractual framework, asset ownership and design, operating and maintenance responsibility
- Design, including material selection, pressure regulation and flow management, metering and odorant injection.
- Construction, including installation and testing.
- Commissioning and validation.
- Operation, including control and monitoring of calorific value, gas quality, pressure and odorisation.
- Maintenance and periodic validation.
- General safety and record keeping