IGEM - IGE/GM/8 PART 3
Non-domestic meter installations. Flow rate exceeding 6 m3h-1 and inlet pressure not exceeding 38 bar - Part 3 : Fabrication, installation, testing and commissioning
|Publication Date:||1 January 2006|
This standard covers the installation and testing of gas meter installations.
These procedures apply to all new onshore gas supply meter installations intended to carry Natural Gas of flow rate >6 m3h-1 and maximum operating pressure ≤38 bar. They address the fabrication, installation, testing and commissioning of meter installations. It details:
- Legal considerations such as Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations and Pressure Systems Safety Regulations.
- General objectives and principles, including quality assurance and care of materials and equipment.
- Exchange of information between parties involved.
- Planning and preparation, including hazardous area classification.
- Site safety.
- Care of site environment.
- Civil engineering works where required.
- Pre-installation checks.
- Fabrication and welding of pipework and components.
- Assembly and installation, including electrical installation and cathodic protection.
- By-passes for equalization and testing.
- Strength testing and tightness testing.
- Pre-commissioning checks.
- Functional tests.
- Post-commissioning checks.
- Handover information and records.