Gateway control protocol: ITU-T H.248 support for control of SCTP bearer connections
|Publication Date:||1 November 2015|
This Recommendation details stream control transmission protocol (SCTP)-based bearer interfaces on ITU-T H.248 IP media gateways (MGs) . Such an ITU-T H.248 MG provides various functions for processing of SCTP packets, SCTP packet payload data (so-called SCTP DATA chunks) and functions related to SCTP protocol control information (based on called SCTP control chunks). This Recommendation focuses primarily on the aspect of SCTP Association control, which comprises the establishment and release of SCTP Associations, and the control, configuration and reconfiguration of SCTP Streams.
The Recommendation considers:
- SCTP transport modes, i.e., the multiple protocol stack options with an SCTP layer;
- connection and interworking models with a single or multiple SCTP Association endpoint(s) within an ITU T H.248 Context;
- SCTP Stream models concerning the mapping of multi-SCTP Stream structures on ITU-T H.248 Terminations;
- usage of ITU-T H.248 Stream grouping concept for SCTP; and
- new ITU-T H.248 packages for control of SCTP bearer connections.
Further, this Recommendation provides information on state modelling for MG-located connection endpoints related to SCTP Associations.