ASD-STAN PREN 9300-110
Aerospace series LOTAR LOng Term Archiving and Retrieval of digital technical product documentation such as 3D, CAD and PDM data Part 110: CAD mechanical 3D Explicit geometry information
|Publication Date:||1 June 2016|
This document defines the requirements on a digital archive to preserve for the long term the 3D explicit geometry of single CAD parts. The goal is to preserve the 3D information without loss with respect to the geometry produced by the original CAD system, following the principles laid down in EN 9300-003 'Fundamentals and Concepts', including the use of an open data format.
The following is in scope of this part of EN 9300:
- Business specification for long term archiving and retrieval of CAD 3D explicit geometry (see chapter 5);
- Essential information of CAD 3D explicit geometry (solids, curves, surfaces, and points) to be preserved (see chapter 6);
- Data structures detailing the main fundamentals and concepts of CAD 3D explicit geometry (see chapter 7);
- Verification rules to check CAD 3D explicit geometry for consistency and data quality (see chapter 8);
- Validation rules to be stored with the CAD 3D explicit geometry in the archive to check essential characteristics after retrieval (see chapter 9).
NOTE This includes the geometrical external shape resulting from CAD disciplines 3D entities (e.g., 3D Structural components, 3D Tubing, 3D electrical harness, 3D composite, etc.).
Out of scope
The following is outside the scope of this part of EN 9300:
- The formal definition of validation and verification rules to check 3D explicit geometry for consistency and data quality using a machine-readable syntax; Implicit or parametric geometry;
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T), Product & Manufacturing Information (PMI);
- Assembly structures;
- Presentation of explicit geometry.