ISO DIS 16484-2
Building automation and control systems (BACS) - Part 2: Hardware
|Publication Date:||23 June 2016|
|ICS Code (Buildings in general):||91.040.01|
This part of the standard specifies the requirements for the hardware to perform the tasks within a BACS. It provides the terms, definitions, and abbreviations for the understanding of Part 2 and Part 3. Part 2 relates only to physical items/devices, i.e.:
- operator stations and other human system interface devices;
- devices for management functions;
- control devices, automation stations and application specific controllers;
- field devices and their interfaces;
- cabling and interconnection of devices;
- engineering and commissioning tools.
This part of this standard shows a generic system model to which all-different types of BACS and their interconnections (BACS network) can fit. A graphical concept of the BACS network in terms of LAN and inter-network topology will be provided in Part 5 of this standard.
National annexes: National annexes may specify the local requirements of physical and electrical characteristics, the verifications for BACS devices and equipment, and the code of practice for the physical installation of systems. The annexes shall refer to the regional implementations of the relevant IEC standards.