Standard: HHS - 21 CFR PART 117
CURRENT GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICE, HAZARD ANALYSIS, AND RISK–BASED PREVENTIVE CONTROLS FOR HUMAN FOOD
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Applicability and status.
(a) The criteria and definitions in this part apply in determining whether a food is:
(1) Adulterated within the meaning of:
(i) Section 402(a)(3) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act in that the food has been manufactured under such conditions that it is unfit for food; or (ii) Section 402(a)(4) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act in that the food has been prepared, packed, or held under insanitary conditions whereby it may have become contaminated with filth, or whereby it may have been rendered injurious to health; and
(2) In violation of section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 264).
(b) The operation of a facility that manufactures, processes, packs, or holds food for sale in the United States if the owner, operator, or agent in charge of such facility is required tocomply with, and is not in compliance with, section 418 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act or subpart C, D, E, F, or G of this part is a prohibited act under section 301(uu) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
(c) Food covered by specific current good manufacturing practice regulations also is subject to the requirements of those regulations.
|Organization:||Food and Drug Administration (Medical Products Quality Assurance)|
|Document Number:||21 cfr part 117|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|21 CFR PART 117||Change Type: COMPLETE REVISION||Update Date: 2017-04-01||Status: ACTV|