Information technology - Biometric data interchange formats - Part 5: Face image data
|Publication Date:||15 June 2005|
|ICS Code (Information coding):||35.040|
This document specifies
• A record format for storing, recording, and transmitting the information from one or more facial images within a CBEFF data structure,
• Scene constraints of the facial images,
• Photographic properties of the facial images,
• Digital image attributes of the facial images.
Each requirement is specified for the following Face Image Types, respectively.
• Basic: This is the fundamental Face Image Type that specifies a record format including header and image data. All Face Image Types adhere to the properties of this type. No mandatory scene, photographic and digital requirements are specified for this image type.
• Frontal: A Basic Face Image Type that adheres to additional requirements appropriate for frontal face recognition and/or human examination. Two types of Frontal Face Image Types are defined in this document, Full Frontal and Token Frontal (or simply Token).
• Full Frontal: A Face Image Type that specifies frontal images with sufficient resolution for human examination as well as reliable computer face recognition. This type of Face Image Type includes the full head with all hair in most cases, as well as neck and shoulders. This image type is suitable for permanent storage of the face information, and it is applicable to portraits for passport, driver license, and "mug shot" images.
• Token Frontal: A Face Image Type that specifies frontal images with a specific geometric size and eye positioning based on the width and height of the image. This image type is suitable for minimizing the storage requirements for computer face recognition tasks such as verification while still offering vendor independence and human verification (versus human examination which requires more detail) capabilities.