Data quality - Part 140: Master data: Exchange of characteristic data: Completeness
|Publication Date:||1 October 2016|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
This part of ISO 8000 is an optional addition to ISO 8000-120 and specifies requirements for representation and exchange of information about completeness of master data that consists of characteristic data.
NOTE 1 ISO 8000-110 specifies that such data be represented as property values. ISO 8000-120 provides additional requirements for property values when data provenance information needs to be captured.
This part of ISO 8000 does not specify a complete model for characteristic data, nor does it specify an exchange format for characteristic data with data completeness information.
NOTE 2 This is done in other standards that reference this part of ISO 8000, e.g. ISO/TS 22745-40.
The following are within the scope of this part of ISO 8000:
- requirements for capture and exchange of data completeness information in the form of statements and assertions of data completeness;
- conceptual data model for data completeness information in the form of statements and assertions of data completeness.
The following are outside the scope of this part of ISO 8000:
- requirements for data completeness;
NOTE 3 The requirements for data completeness depend on many factors, e.g. the kind of data, how the data are being used, industry, and needs of the partners exchanging the data. It is not possible to state general requirements for data completeness.
- exchange format for data completeness information;
- scheme for registering and resolving organization identifiers and person identifiers;
- completeness of data that are not characteristic data represented as property values;
- syntax of identifiers;
- resolution of identifiers.
Some of the requirements in this part of ISO 8000 can apply to exchange of data that is not master data which consists of characteristic data represented as property values.