Electric vehicle battery swap system - Part 2: Safety requirements
|Publication Date:||1 October 2016|
|ICS Code (Electric road vehicles):||43.120|
This part of IEC 62840 provides the safety requirements for a battery swap system, for the purposes of swapping swappable battery system (SBS) of electric vehicles. The battery swap system is intended to be connected to the supply network. The power supply is up to 1 000 V AC or up to 1 500 V d.c, in accordance with IEC 60038.
This standard also applies to battery swap systems supplied from on-site storage systems (e.g. buffer batteries).
Aspects covered in this standard:
• safety requirements of the battery swap system and/or its systems;
• security requirements for communication; • electromagnetic compatibility (EMC);
• signs and instructions;
• protection against electric shock and other hazards. This standard is applicable to battery swap systems for EV equipped with one or more SBS. NOTE Battery swap systems for light EVs according to the IEC 61851-3 series1 are under consideration. This standard is not applicable to:
• aspects related to maintenance and service of the battery swap station (BSS);
• trolley buses, rail vehicles and vehicles designed primarily for use off-road;
• maintenance and service of EVs.