PACKT - Raspberry Pi Robotic Projects
|Publication Date:||17 October 2016|
Work through a mix of amazing robotic projects using the Raspberry Pi Zero or the Raspberry Pi 3
About This Book
• Easy to follow instructions, yet the ones that help you build powerful robots, and exclusive coverage of mobile robots with the Pi Zero
• Build robots that can run, swim and fly and the cutting-edge dimension of robotics that is possible with the Raspberry Pi Zero and Pi 3
• Interact with your projects wirelessly and make sci-fi possible, right in your home
Who This Book Is For
This book is for hobbyists and programmers who are excited about using the Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi Zero. It is for those who are taking their first steps towards using these devices to control hardware and software and write simple programs that enable amazing projects. No programming experience is required, Just a little computer and mechanical aptitude and the desire to build some interesting projects.
What You Will Learn
• Control a variety of different DC motors
• Add a USB webcam to see what your robot can see
• Attach a projector to project information
• Insert USB control hardware to control a complex robot with two legs
• Include speech recognition so that your projects can receive commands
• Add speech output to that the robot can communicate with the world around it
• Include wireless communication so that you can see what the robot is seeing and control the robot from a distance
This book will allow you to take full advantage of Raspberry Pi Zero and Raspberry Pi 3 by building both simple and complex robotic projects. The book takes a mission-critical approach to show you how to build amazing robots and helps you decide which board to use for which type of robot. The book puts a special emphasis on designing mobile (or movable) robots using the Raspberry Pi Zero. The projects will show inexpensive, yet powerful, ways to take full advantage. It will teach you how to program Raspberry Pi, control the movement of your robot, and add features to your robots.
Style and approach
This fun and practical tutorial contain step-by-step instructions to get you hands-on building inexpensive projects. It contains mission-critical chapters and everything you need to know to get started.