CEN - EN 12896-1
Public transport - Reference data model - Part 1: Common concepts
|Publication Date:||1 September 2016|
|ICS Code (IT applications in transport):||35.240.60|
General scope of the Standard
The main objective of this European Standard is to present the Public transport reference data model based on:
- the Public transport reference data model published 2006 as EN 12896 and known as Transmodel V5.1;
- the model for the identification of fixed objects for Public transport, published in 2009 as EN 28701 and known as IFOPT; incorporating the requirements of
- EN 15531-1 to 3 and CEN/TS 15531-4 and CEN/TS 15531-5, Service interface for real-time information relating to public transport operations (SIRI);
- CEN/TS 16614-1 and CEN/TS 16614-2, Network and Timetable Exchange (NeTEx). in particular the specific needs for long distance train operation.
Particular attention is drawn to the data model structure and methodology:
- the data model is described in a modular form in order to facilitate understanding and use of the model;
- the data model is entirely described in UML.
In particular, a reference data model kernel is described, referring to the data domain:
- network description: routes, lines, journey patterns, timing patterns, service patterns, scheduled stop points and stop places.
This part corresponds to the network description as in Transmodel V5.1 extended by the relevant parts of IFOPT. Furthermore, the following functional domains are considered:
- timing information and vehicle scheduling (runtimes, vehicle journeys, day type-related vehicle schedules);
- passenger information (planned and real-time);
- operations monitoring and control: operating day-related data, vehicle follow-up, control actions;
- fare management (fare structure and access rights definition, sales, validation, control);
- management information and statistics (including data dedicated to service performance indicators).
- driver management:
- driver scheduling (day-type related driver schedules);
- rostering (ordering of driver duties into sequences according to some chosen methods);